This is first blog post.
More than 1,000,000 merchants use Shopify to run their businesses. They come in all sizes, from all around the world, and each one is different. Shopify solves many of their hardest commerce problems out of the box—but every business has unique needs.
Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. But Shopify can’t be all things to all people. Instead, we empower third-party developers, known as Shopify Partners, to create apps, themes, and other integrations that build on Shopify’s platform. That way, merchants can tailor their experience however they need, and developers can build their own businesses supporting those entrepreneurs. This virtuous circle creates new business opportunities and benefits merchants, partners, and Shopify.
Developers have extensive access to Shopify’s core features. Here are some of the resources you can work with:
- Use the Admin API to embed new features in the Shopify admin or POS, and access data on inventory, orders, products, billing and more
- Use the Storefront API, our headless commerce solution, to add Shopify buying experiences to any website, app, or video game
- Use the Liquid markup language to customize the look and feel of merchants’ online stores
- Use Shopify’s suite of development tools to accelerate your productivity
- Use our open-source design system, Polaris, to create seamless integrations with Shopify admin